Sunday, October 2, 2011

Football on Television

Saturday, while doing Honey-Do's and watching several different football games, some of them my favorite teams,  I got to thinking about things, and remembered that back in the 50's, CBS had the contract for the Collegiate game of the week.  and also for the NFL game on Sunday.  There was no AFL.

Now, that don't sound like much news, but just think.  The college game on Saturday was the only game on television, (because of  unnecessary college rules) and it was not necessarily a game that you wanted to watch. Most often a couple of teams from the big 10 or the west coast.  And again on Sunday, only one game to watch. 


Boy, has the times changed.  Now it seems that your favorite college team is on every Saturday, and your favorite Pro team is on every Sunday.


Now for my opinion, I'm glad they got rid of those rules, and I would like to see a lot more rules changed or eliminated.

1 comment:

pete said...

I glad about that also Don...I may not watch them all, but it is nice to be able to switch, huh? Pete